Smokey BBQ Roasted Crickets
$3.99 – $9.99
A Nutrient-Packed Snack
Harness the power of this sustainable, nutrient-packed protein source, and elevate your daily intake with these tasty, crunchy treats. Prairie Cricket Farms Roasted Crickets are great for healthy snacking and are a powerful, nutritious, and simple addition to your lifestyle.
The perfect snack for sunflower seed enthusiasts! Switch to PCF Roasted Crickets and enjoy the boost of flavour and nutritional benefits in your daily routine.
Get more than you expected, with our line of Roasted Crickets – lightly seasoned in a variety of flavours.
Excellent Source of Vitamin B12, Zinc and Magnesium
Why it’s great
- Excellent Daily source of
• Vitamin B12 (56% daily value)
• Zinc (27% daily value)
• Manganese (26% daily value)
- Full of fibre and supports a healthy gut
- Sustainable protein with 9 essential amino acids
- Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Nut-Free, Sugar-Free, Egg-Free & Keto-friendly
- Canadian farmed, processed and packed
How to Enjoy
- Snack It
- Mix It
- Sprinkle It
The perfect crunch you’ve been looking for. This Nutrient-Packed snack is the perfect addition to any trail mix blend, salad topper, and even good solo for an on-the-go treat.
A Sustainable Way to Snack
What does sustainable mean to us?
Here at Prairie Cricket Farms, we value planet-friendly, environmentally-conscious practices, and are proud to be able to extend the ability to live more sustainably to our community of customers.
As a protein source, crickets are a more sustainable option overall when compared to alternatives.
Some quick facts on sustainability:
- Crickets use less Water, Land and Feed than traditional protein sources
- Crickets are cold blooded, therefore they use less feed. Physiologically they pull all of their energy into their mass so they don’t waste any heating their bodies.
- Cricket Farming in general is almost zero waste
- We use circular farming practices in which we are able to use everything. From the fertilizer from the cricket manure to their feed, everything is used and nothing is wasted.
Using cricket powder as a protein source in your daily diet is an extremely low-impact way for you to increase your protein consumption while reaping the major benefits of a protein and nutrient-packed supplement.
Increase the positive effects on your body while reducing your environmental impact.
Explore our Protein Powder
Ingredients: Crickets, Spices (mustard), Brown sugar, Salt, Olive oil, Garlic powder, Onion powder, Cayenne pepper powder, Silicon dioxide.
Allergy Warning: if you have a shellfish or crustacean allergy, you may also be allergic to crickets. Please consult your doctor.
Ingrédients: Grillons, Épices (moutarde), Sucre brun, Sel, Huile d’olive, Poudre d’ail, Oignon en poudre, Poivre de cayenne en poudre, Dioxyde de silicium.
Avertissement d’allergies: Si vous avez une allergie aux crustacés ou aux fruits de mer, vous pouvez également être allergique aux grillons. Veuillez consulter votre médecin.
PCF Quick Facts
What are the main benefits of cricket powder?
#1 More protein per serving.
Yes, the rumours are true! With only 2.5 tbsps (19g) of cricket powder, you’re getting 12 grams of protein.
#2 Our powder offers more than just protein, and contains more naturally occurring nutrients than conventional protein-only powders on the market.
- Vitamin B12
- Omega 3 & 6 fatty acids
- Dairy-free Calcium
#3 Access to bio-available nutrients that are lacking in animal- and plant-based diets.
Cricket powder really is the best of both worlds. Naturally included in our powder is
- Fibre that may be lacking from animal-based diets
- Vitamin B 12 that may be lacking from plant-based diets
How and when should cricket powder be consumed? How do I use the powder?!
- Cricket powder can be consumed at all times of the day.
- Cricket powder is best consumed when mixed into food or drink, and while you’re welcome to mix with water only, we feel that the naturally nutty flavour of the powder tastes best when mixed into smoothies, baked goods, and other recipes. Explore our recipes HERE. In fact, smoothies are our favourite way to consume the powder daily!
- Use it as a flour replacement in baking (recommended mix is 25% cricket powder 75% regular flour) to add extra protein to cookies, muffins, cakes, etc. Ex) Recipe calls for 1 cup flour, replace with 1/4 cup Prairie Cricket Farms Cricket Powder + 3/4 cup Flour or Gluten Free Alternative
- Mix into smoothies or yogurt to add protein to your daily favourites
Something to note!
Due to the nutrient-packed natural of our powder, it’s not as dissolvable as conventional powders. To reap the benefits AND get the best taste and texture payoff, we suggest mixing or blending into a solid food or thick liquid.