Protein-Packed Cricket Powder
Natural Nutty Flavour – Unsweetened
A protein-packed nutrient powder
Harness the power of this sustainable, nutrient packed protein source, and elevate your daily intake with just one scoop. Prairie Cricket Farms Protein-Packed Cricket Powder supports a healthy diet and is a powerful, nutritious, and simple addition to your lifestyle.
No added sugars or sweeteners here – enjoy the boost of nutritional benefits (and naturally nutty flavour) in your daily recipes.
Get more than you expected, with our Protein-Packed Cricket Powder.
Only 2.5 Tbsp = a whopping 12 g of protein
1 kg (coming soon), 200 g, 500 g (coming soon)
Why it’s great
- Complete Protein Source with 9 essential amino acids and 12g of protein for every 2.5 tbsps
- Excellent Daily source of
- Vitamin B12 (56% daily value)
- Zinc (27% daily value)
- Manganese (26% daily value)
- Full of fibre and supports a healthy gut
- Sustainable protein source
- Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Nut-Free, Sugar-Free, Egg-Free & Keto-friendly
- Canadian farmed, processed and packed
Not convinced that our Protein-Packed Cricket Powder deserves a place in your daily routine?
How to Enjoy
- Bake it
- Blend It
The protein-packed ingredient your recipes need. Protein-Packed Cricket Powder Mixes perfectly into oatmeal, baked goods, smoothies, pancakes, and more, taking on the flavour of whatever delicious ingredients you’re using, while packing a sneaky protein punch.
A Sustainable Source of Protein
What does sustainable mean to us?
Here at Prairie Cricket Farms, we value planet-friendly, environmentally-conscious practices, and are proud to be able to extend the ability to live more sustainably to our community of customers.
As a protein source, crickets are a more sustainable option overall when compared to alternatives.
Some quick facts on sustainability:
- Crickets use less Water, Land and Feed than traditional protein sources
- Crickets are cold blooded, therefore they use less feed. Physiologically they pull all of their energy into their mass so they don’t waste any heating their bodies.
- Cricket Farming in general is almost zero waste
- We use circular farming practices in which we are able to use everything. From the fertilizer from the cricket manure to their feed, everything is used and nothing is wasted.
Using cricket powder as a protein source in your daily diet is an extremely low-impact way for you to increase your protein consumption while reaping the major benefits of a protein and nutrient-packed supplement.
Increase the positive effects on your body while reducing your environmental impact. Choose crickets!
Allergy Warning: if you have a shellfish or crustacean allergy, you may also be allergic to crickets. Please consult your doctor.
Avertissement d’allergies: Si vous avez une allergie aux crustacés ou aux fruits de mer, vous pouvez également être allergique aux grillons. Veuillez consulter votre médecin.
What is 100% Cricket Powder?
The Prairie Cricket Farms pure cricket powder is made from 100% finely milled roasted crickets. Our powder contains very similar protein content to that of whey (12 grams of protein in only 2.5 tbsps) with the added benefit of being a better option for your gut as it naturally contains prebiotic fibre and is free of dairy. Another amazing benefit of cricket powder is that from start to finish, its production has far less impact on the environment than more traditional protein sources.
What are the main benefits of cricket powder?
#1 More protein per serving.
Yes, the rumours are true! With only 2.5 tbsps (19g) of cricket powder, you’re getting 12 grams of protein.
#2 Our powder offers more than just protein, and contains more naturally occurring nutrients than conventional protein-only powders on the market.
- Vitamin B12
- Omega 3 & 6 fatty acids
- Dairy-free Calcium
#3 Access to bio-available nutrients that are lacking in animal- and plant-based diets.
Cricket powder really is the best of both worlds. Naturally included in our powder is
- Fibre that may be lacking from animal-based diets
- Vitamin B 12 that may be lacking from plant-based diets
How and when should cricket powder be consumed? How do I use the powder?!
- Cricket powder can be consumed at all times of the day.
- Cricket powder is best consumed when mixed into food or drink, and while you’re welcome to mix with water only, we feel that the naturally nutty flavour of the powder tastes best when mixed into smoothies, baked goods, and other recipes. Explore our recipes HERE. In fact, smoothies are our favourite way to consume the powder daily!
- Use it as a flour replacement in baking (recommended mix is 25% cricket powder 75% regular flour) to add extra protein to cookies, muffins, cakes, etc. Ex) Recipe calls for 1 cup flour, replace with 1/4 cup Prairie Cricket Farms Cricket Powder + 3/4 cup Flour or Gluten Free Alternative
- Mix into smoothies or yogurt to add protein to your daily favourites
Something to note!
Due to the nutrient-packed natural of our powder, it’s not as dissolvable as conventional powders. To reap the benefits AND get the best taste and texture payoff, we suggest mixing or blending into a solid food or thick liquid.