The Sustainable Future of Protein
High in Protein
Excellent Source of…
Contains Prebiotic Fibre that supports gut health
Non-Dairy Source of Calcium
Ideal Ratio of Omega 6:3
Contains all 9 Essential Amino Acids
While crickets are amazing nutritionally, they do tend to cause allergic reactions in some folks who have preexisting allergies to shellfish and/or crustaceans.
Please consult with your doctor before consuming any Prairie Cricket Farms products to be safe.
Facts: Thanks to their size, cricket protein takes 13x less land for protein production than whey-based proteins
Facts: Crickets are cold blooded. When they take in food they don’t use any of the energy to heat their body; it’s all transitioned into protein.
Facts: Crickets require 12x less food than beef, 4x less than pork and 2x less than poultry for the same weight yield.
Facts: Crickets require approximately 2000x less water to produce the same amount of traditional beef protein and 100x less than plant sources – and that’s not even considering water for feed production.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is 100% Cricket Powder?
The Prairie Cricket Farms pure cricket powder is made from 100% finely milled roasted crickets. Our powder contains very similar protein content to that of whey (12 grams of protein in only 2.5 tbsps) with the added benefit of being a better option for your gut as it naturally contains prebiotic fibre and is free of dairy. Another amazing benefit of cricket powder is that from start to finish, its production has far less impact on the environment than more traditional protein sources.
How does Cricket Farming work?
What are the main benefits of cricket powder?
#1 More protein per serving.
Yes, the rumours are true! With only 2.5 tbsps (19g) of cricket powder, you’re getting 12 grams of protein.
#2 Our powder offers more than just protein, and contains more naturally occurring nutrients than conventional protein-only powders on the market.
- Vitamin B12
- Omega 3 & 6 fatty acids
- Dairy-free Calcium
#3 Access to bio-available nutrients that are lacking in animal- and plant-based diets.
Cricket powder really is the best of both worlds. Naturally included in our powder is
- Fibre that may be lacking from animal-based diets
- Vitamin B 12 that may be lacking from plant-based diets
How and when should it be consumed? How do I use the powder?!
- Cricket powder can be consumed at all times of the day.
- Cricket powder is best consumed when mixed into food or drink, and while you’re welcome to mix with water only, we feel that the naturally nutty flavour of the powder tastes best when mixed into smoothies, baked goods, and other recipes. Explore our recipes HERE. In fact, smoothies are our favourite way to consume the powder daily!
- Use it as a flour replacement in baking (recommended mix is 25% cricket powder 75% regular flour) to add extra protein to cookies, muffins, cakes, etc.
Ex) Recipe calls for 1 cup flour, replace with 1/4 cup Prairie Cricket Farms Cricket Powder + 3/4 cup Flour or Gluten Free Alternative
- Mix into smoothies or yogurt to add protein to your daily favourites
Something to note!
Due to the nutrient-packed natural of our powder, it’s not as dissolvable as conventional powders. To reap the benefits AND get the best taste and texture payoff, we suggest mixing or blending into a solid food or thick liquid.